Quartz sand water filter
Quartz sand water filters
Quartz sand water filters are used to filter water from natural sources by passing the water through a layer of sand which retains solid particles in suspension which produce water turbidity. Brute water, unfiltered, enters the penstocks (1) through batterfly electrovalves (2) and T branch (3) reaching the octogonal compartment (4). Through the perforated ppipes (5), water descends evenly on the filtrable layer (6). Water slips through the filtrable strainers (7) and it gets in the lower compartment of the filter (8). From here the water it continues its journey to the T branch (10), and it reaches the evacuation pipe of the filtred water (11). Filtrable sand layer is regenerated through a reversed washing with water, which is made automatically at preset time intervals.Washing water passes through the next route: washing penstock water (12), butterfly electrovalve (13), T branch (9), the bottom compartment (8), the strainers (7), the filtrable layer (6), the pipes (5) the octogonal compartment (4), the T branches (3), butterfly elecrovalve (14) and the evacuation pipe for the washing water (15). The functioning of the filters is managed by an electronic automatization which permits the reverse washing at preset time periods.
At higher time periods si a regeneration of the filtrable layer by blowing with compressed air. The compressed air is introduced through the pipe (16), goes through the valve (17), through the strained pipe (18), the bottom compartment (8), the strainers (7), the filtrable layer (6), and it reaches the superior cavity of the of the filter, where it is eliminated in the atmosphere through the fiiting and the valve vent (19).
For the evacuation of the system to be cleaned or inspected, the drain outlet and the closing valve (19) are used. In the superior part and on the sides there are two manhole so the processes could be monitorized (20).
Areas of use:
Quartz sand water filter is used in water treatment stations to provide drinking water
- Quartz sand water filter have the advantages compared to concrete pool filters, because filtered water is introduced under pressure and high passing speeds are achieved through the filtrable layer at 20 - 40 m/h compared to 10 cm/h, which substancially increases the flow of the filtered water;
- The regenaration of the filtrable layer can be done in a short period of time using water under pressure in reverse, which is difficult to use in concrete pools;
- The interior surface is covered in a protective corrosive and erosion layer for a long period of usage time.
The related characteristics of the standard size of the filter are as follow: the diameter of the cylindrical filter, volume of the body, nominal and maximal filtrant water flow, speed of the used water for recycling the filtrable layer by washing from a reversed position and the quantity of the sand necessary for the formation of filtrant layers, and are listed in the table below:
Request water filter scaling and price offer
You will receive a questionnaire as soon as possible with the necessary data.
- maximum functioning pressure ------------------------------------- 2 bar
- minimum liquid temperature ----------------------------------------- + 5°C
- maximum liquid temperature ---------------------------------------- + 40°C