Technological process for road remediation and recycling using I.R.
Repairing and recycling asphalt dressing using infrared radiation (I.R.)
The method that allows:
- Permanent repair of the asphalt coating
- Warm recycling in situ of the asphalt mixture
This method has heating as a base and soaking the asphalt (melting the bitumen in the asphalt's composition) using Radiant Panels with Infrared Rays "IR" until the temperature reaches 160 degrees, the temperature at which the processing of the asphalt, respectively scarification, regeneration, mixing with added fresh asphalt, leveling and compacting is done.
1.Preparing the defective area
- with the shovel, all the scrap material (earth, stones, asphalt pieces etc.) is cleaned and the area is swept away and the rest of the chopped material - after the case, the area is heated with the radiant panel and the cleaning operations are repeated.
- the defected area is marked in a square parallel to the roadtaking in consideration the minimal distance from the marking to the defect by 10 cm.
2.1.Preparing the filler material with ARES 1
- during the preparation of the defected area, the oven is heated to the temperature of 170 degrees.
- the motor speed is set corresponding to 40Hz (for ARES 1)
- the radiant panel is positioned above the defect according to the merked area and the burners are started;
- the regenerated milled asphalt mix with Reofalt (quantity 0,3 kg to 100 kg of mixture) packaged in 30 kg bags are poured into a wheel barrel;
- with the shovel, mixture is introduced into the drum, one shovel at a time - after a minute from the beginning of the feed the radiant panel burners are started and we move on to step 3 of the heating of the defected area
- filler material is prepared in the necessary amount, aprox. 100 kg.m2.
2.2.Preparing filer material with ARES 2
- during the preparation of the defected area the thermal container is heated to the temperature of 170 degrees
- the milled asphalt mixture is regenerated with Reofalt (quantity 0,3 kg to 100 kg of mixture) packaged in 30 kg bags are put into the thermal container in the necessary quantity - aprox. 100kg/m2.
- the radiant panel burners are turned on and we go to phase 3 in heating up
the defected area
- during the heating of the defected area the asphalt mixture is mixed with the shovel and the temperature is checked so it would be between 140 - 160 degrees
2.Heating up the defected area
- the radiant panel is positioned until it covers the marked area that needs heating, respecting the parallelism between the edges of the radiant panel and the sides of the marked rectangle;
- the radiant panel is positioned until the marked defected area, respecting the road parallelism between the radiant panel and the marked rectangle
- the radiant panel is set at the temperature of 160 degrees at the right radiation and height. Depending on the exterior weather, the aging degree of the bitumen and the aggregate of the asphalt coating;
- the radiant panel is turned on, respectively the burners are started according to the area that will be covered;
- after reaching the temperature of 160 degree the radiant panel is partially retreated from the heated area and with a laser pyrometer the surface temperature is 160 degrees and with a spade, the degree of softening in depth is checked. If there is needed, the radiant panel is repositioned and the heating resumes as long as it's necessary;
- the radiant panel is moved on the area whcih will be heated and the heating operations are restarted.
- the marked outline is cut towards the interior with the spade at a depth of
3 - 4 cm
- the interior area is scrapped with the spade and it's broken
- the mixture is crushed and it's raked evenly on the entire surface
- bulbs, stones and asphallt pieces are removed
- the rejuvenating agent (in the shape of an emulsion) is prepared conformed the producer's instructions
- with a pump, it's evenly pumped on the entire scarified surface
- scarification is continued until it's even
- warm asphalt mixture is added, it's leveled and it's contoured after the marking, the scarified material and mixed with the filler material regards the compensation level for compaction.
- the mixtures temperature is verified, and if this is below 110 degrees, the area is reheated with the radiant panel
- using the compactor starting up with the contour so that the contour line is in the middle of the plate or the vibrating roller.