Road repair equipment ARES 1
The operating principle for the road repair equipment ARES 1
The radiant panel is composed out of 9 MFB burners which are used to heat the related area through radiation. The used fuel (PROPANE) comes froma group of 4 33 kg tanks. The flue gases from these burners, bathe the rotary drum and they are evacuated through the superior part of the oven. The rotary drum is heated and has the role to preheat the filler material which will be used. Above the drum in the oven there are two MFB 8 type burners which heat up the drum when the radiant panel is not used.
The drum is driven by a gear motor through a friction roller which acts like a helical conveyor, the cold asphalt mixture is introduced though one of the drum's end and evacuated through the other. The quantity of heated asphalt mixture and the maintaining time in the drum are set through drum speed control.
The equipment can be easily handled and set on position with the help of a pallet truck like system. This allows the height adjustment of the radiant panel. The transport of the equipment is made with a trailer with a folding platform.
Field of use for the road repair equipment ARES 1
Having a radiant panel with a large surface and a rotary drum with continuous heating of the filler material, ARES 1 is destined for wide range remedy work, especially for potholes, tiling, waves and replars.
Advantages of using the road repair equipment ARES 1
- Allows the storage and transport in cold weather of fresh asphalt, briquettes/shredded, without having the need to supply from asphalt stations in cold seasons when, generally, these stations don't function.
- The possibility of recycling in heat of the uncovered and grated or milled asphalt in the rotary drum leads to reduced costs and positive effects on the ambient environment
- Heating the filler asphalt material only in the needed quantity for repairing a defect needs a much less quantity of fuel consumption compared with the one necessary maintaining the temperature in the thermal containers with capacities of aprox. 2 - 4 tones of fresh asphalt brought from supply stations, needed for a days work
- High energetic efficiency and implicitly low costs of fuel by:
= Using the flue gases collected from the radiant panel for heating and maintaining the temperature of the filler material from the thermal container/rotary drum
= Judicious warmth only of the peripheral area of the defect by turning on individually only the necessary burners
= Thermal isolation
- Safety in exploitation by keeping under control of the burning process (preventilation, electronic ignition, ionization sensor in case of lack of flame, post ventilation)
- Possibility of setting the intensity of the radiation depending of the exterior temperature, the heating depth and the aging degree of the bitumen in the asphalt
- Hygienic combustion (low NOx emissions)
Request additional information